English First Nanjing was established in 2002, and has grown to include three schools serving over 1500 students aged 3-18. Our diverse teaching staff is comprised of fifteen foreign teachers from four different continents and ten local Chinese teachers, and is growing all the time. Our schools are equipped with cutting edge technology and all of the resources needed to make both the teaching and learning experience outstanding. At English First Nanjing, we are looking for motivated, professional, and open-minded people who want to make a difference. We want our teachers to deliver high quality, creative and engaging lessons to our students. If you think that can be you, you've found the right place.
Joining our schools you will be joining a team with rapid growth, which means in the future there will always be Senior Teachers and Directors of Studies needed, career growth is at the heart of our company.
- Teach kids in China aged 3-18 in groups up to 12 students
- Planning and delivering lessons to children
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to both students and their parents
- Assigning and evaluating out of class exercises
- Participating in social activities with students organized by your school to encourage oral English proficiency
- 40 hours per week (20 teaching hours / 20 office hours)
- Plan, prepare and teach classes to a range of ages
- Test new customers level of English (Oral placement tests)
- Work closely with the other departments of the school
- Complete administration work (Tests / Student reports etc...)
- Attend workshops on a range of aspects of teaching
- Promote the school in additional marketing events
- Teach additional classes during peak season (+6 hours)
All English First courses aim to improve a students' reading, writing, speaking and listening. Our courses for young learners also focus on the teaching of phonics. In general most English First courses focus on teaching vocabulary and language structures in communicative activities. All our materials are EF created, and include course books, flashcards, teachers guides, videos, audio, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, realia and more.